Strength: Accordion Crunch
Tones Deep Abdominal Tissue, Chest, and Shoulders
1. Start in plank position (shown on left) with shins resting on top of the ball, body straight, and hands positioned directly underneath shoulders. Engage your core muscles to maintain a sturdy and aligned core.
2. On an exhale, scoop in belly, lift hips, and pull knees toward chest, feeling your core muscles contract.
3. Inhale and return to plank position.
4. Repeat 10 times.
Balance: Seated Twist
Encourages Balance and Better Posture in a Seated, Upright Position
1. Sit on top of the ball and cross your right leg over the left.
2. With your left arm on your right knee, gently twist your upper body to the right and look over your right shoulder, using your right arm behind you for balance.
3. Hold for 30 seconds, and then turn in the other direction.
Elongates Abdominals and Stimulates the Heart Chakra
1. Plant feet hip-width apart and sit down on the ball.
2. Lean back slowly, draping your body over the ball.
3. Reach your arms up overhead.
4. Keep your eyes open and breathe calmly.
5. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds.