Answer Each of These Questions Honestly
1. Do you have something with refined sugar every day?
2. Do you keep a stash of chocolate or other sugary foods?
3. Do you crave sweets cyclically during the month?
4. Do you eat sweet foods in excess when you have them?
5. Do your sugar cravings compel you to act in impulsive ways, such as driving to the store late at night?
6. Do you frequently suffer from lulls in energy in the afternoon?
7. Do you eat sweets when you're stressed or when you're sad?
8. Do you often eat sugary foods in place of healthier foods?
9. Do you often crave something sweet after eating lunch or dinner?
10. Do you often skip breakfast or eat erratically?
If you answered yes to one to three questions
You have a healthy relationship with sugar. Your diet is probably well balanced and full of vital nutrients.
If you answered yes to four to six questions
You enjoy your sugar but seem to manage your intake well. Watch for added sugars, and pay attention to what triggers your cravings.
If you answered yes to seven to 10 questions
You may have an unhealthy attachment to sugar. Pay close attention to your intake of added sugars and carefully monitor your cravings. Chronic sugar indulgence can lead to serious health complications.