Whether you're embarking on a quest to lose 256 pounds like Martha's good friend and Arnell founder Peter Arnell, or simply trying to change a troublesome personal habit like biting your nails, these tips from Peter's book "Shift" will help you become your best self.
- Use past experiences: Acknowledge your past experiences and embrace them as a starting-off point for change.
- Collect things: Spur your memory with triggers that allow you to think back as you move forward.
- Invite people to join your journey: When people are behind you, you won't want to disappoint them by quitting.
- Use technology: Many resources exist online and through social networking; use them as much as you can.
- Take risks and be prepared to fail: Remember, mistakes are only signposts along the way to success; use them to get back on track.