This late-summer melon contains vitamin C, a vital antioxidant for skin-tissue repair. "All melons are vitamin-rich, but honeydew also has a great aroma," says Randi Ragan, of GreenBliss EcoSpa in Los Angeles The melon's water content is hydrating for the skin. (Or swap in cantaloupe!)
The comforting, sweet scent of honeydew extract can be found in washes and moisturizers.
1. Deep Steep Honeydew-Spearmint Organic Bubble Bath combines essential oils and vitamins for a calming, spa-like luxury. $11, deepsteep.com
2. Eminence Organic Skin Care Honeydew Body Lotion is ultramoisturizing with calendula and carrot oils. $28, 888-747-6342
3. EOS Organic Honeysuckle Honeydew Lip Balm prevents chap with soothing shea butter and jojoba oil. $3.30, evolutionofsmooth.com
Mix together the honeydew and mint, then slowly add the oats (minced in a food processor) until you reach a desired consistency. For your face, aim for a texture like wet sand, but a thicker scrub will work best for the body. Apply in gentle circles, rinse with warm water, and dry.
- Seed and mash 1/4 ripe melon
- Add 3 chopped mint leaves
- Stir in 2 tablespoons (or up to 1/2 cup) minced oats