Steamed Baby Spinach
A successful and healthful way to prepare spinach is to steam it, then shower it with fresh lemon juice.
- 2 pounds baby spinach, stems trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, wash the spinach in cold running water. Place the spinach in a steamer and plunge into the boiling water for 1 minute, or until the spinach wilts. Transfer to a colander to drain.
- Arrange the spinach on a serving platter and season with the lemon juice and salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.