Linguine with Toasted Almonds, Parsley, and Lemon
Whole-wheat pasta and toasted almonds give this dish a rustic, hearty texture and a delicious, savory flavor.
Whole Living, January/February 2011
- 8 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup raw almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons almond oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pecorino Romano (1/2 ounce), grated, for serving
- Cook pasta in generously salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Toss pasta with remaining ingredients. Adjust consistency with reserved pasta water as desired. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.