Chopped Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
Humble ingredients tossed in a tangy tarragon vinaigrette make a delicious salad. Succulent romaine is the perfect green to accompany a spicy main dish; the midribs are particularly cool and refreshing.
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber, halved lengthwise and diced
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, leaves stacked and sliced into 1/4-inch strips, strips halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup Tarragon Vinaigrette (http://www.wholeliving.com/130318/tarragon-vinaigrette)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss with your hands until evenly distributed. To serve, gather a handful of salad and gently drop it onto a salad plate, forming a pyramid.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.