Shaved Parsnip Salad
A surprisingly good source of vitamin C, raw parsnips have slightly more of the antioxidant than their cooked counterparts.
Body+Soul, November 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 hearts of romaine, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 parsnips (about 8 ounces), peeled and shaved very thinly (on a mandolin or with a vegetable peeler)
- 4 medjool or 6 regular dates, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss parsnips, lettuce, and dates. Drizzle with dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.