Grilled Peaches with Prosciutto
Grilling peaches deepens their natural sweetness, and when they're paired with prosciutto, it's an unbeatable flavor trifecta: sweet, smoky, salty. That said, grilled peaches also pair well with vanilla ice cream.
Whole Living, July/August 2010
- 5 medium peaches, ripe but firm, halved, pits removed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill and peaches with oil. Season peaches to taste with salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally until charred and softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with basil, grind pepper over top, and drizzle with oil. Serve with prosciutto on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.