Pair this lighter version of rice pudding with your favorite dried fruit.
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a large saucepan, bring quinoa and 3 cups milk to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, unti tender, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, honey, eggs, cardamom, and remaining cup of milk. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stirring constantly, slowly pour egg mixture into quinoa; add raisins and apricots.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour pudding into a 2-quart dish and let cool slightly. Cover surface directly with plastic and refrigerate until cool, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.