Papaya, Endive, and Crabmeat Salad
Papayas are ripe when they are slightly soft to the touch, with mostly yellow skin. They can be stored in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Martha Stewart Living, January 2005
- 1 cup papaya (Solo or Mexican), cubes (1/2 inch), plus 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh papaya seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or light vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 large Belgian endives, cut into matchsticks (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups very thinly sliced English (hothouse) cucumber (1/2 cucumber)
- 3/4 cup jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
- Whisk together papaya seeds, ginger, lime juice, grapeseed oil, and salt in a medium bowl. Add endive, cucumber, papaya cubes, and crabmeat; gently toss.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.