Orzo with Plum Tomatoes and Oregano
Be sure to cook your orzo al dente; if overcooked, the tiny rice-shaped pasta becomes mushy.
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, add the orzo and cook 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the garlic and oil and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the garlic from the oil and discard. Remove the pan from the heat and add the tomatoes, oregano, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Drain the orzo and transfer to a bowl. Add the tomato mixture and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.