Quick Pickled Radishes and Peppers
Quick pickling requires almost no effort and is such a simple way to enjoy the sour, briny flavor of the vegetables. They're especially delicious the day after they're made and will keep up to three days in the refrigerator.
- Yield Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or pickling salt
- 10 whole black peppercorns, cracked
- 12 radishes, halved lengthwise
- 4 peperoncini or Tuscan pickled peppers
- In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, and peppercorns and simmer over medium-low heat, until dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the radishes and peppers in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, until the radishes lose some of their color. Drain and place in a shallow dish. Pour the hot vinegar mixture over, let cool, and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. These will keep, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.