DIY Fresh, Easy Salsa
It's tomato season -- put down that jar of store-bought salsa!
Whole Living, July/August 2010
- 1/2 small chopped yellow onion
- 1 small chopped garlic clove
- 1 small chopped jalapeno
- 1 1/2 pounds cored plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a food processor, pulse onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Roughly chop tomatoes and add 2/3 of it to food processor. Pulse until chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Then pulse remaining 1/3 tomato until liquefied. Add to bowl with vinegar, oregano, and salt. Stir to combine.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.