This dessert makes guests happy in many ways. It's loaded with vitamins B12 (from the yogurt) and C (orange juice), folate (OJ, again), and omega-3 fatty acids (walnuts) -- all nutrients shown to boost your mood.
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush cake pan with oil, line bottom with parchment; oil and flour parchment and pan. Place walnuts in food processor and pulse until finely ground (be careful not to overprocess); set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together orange zest, flour, baking powder, salt, and ground walnuts. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and stir in eggs, brown sugar, orange juice, and oil until just moistened; do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes; transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and confectioners' sugar. Before serving, dust cake with confectioners' sugar. Serve with sweet yogurt garnished with orange zest, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.