Double Cabbage Slaw
Make the slaw a bit early and let it sit at room temperature while you prepare the rest of your meal; the slaw tastes better the longer the flavors are allowed to develop.
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 small green cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the cabbages in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, yogurt, and lemon juice. Spoon over the cabbage and toss to combine thoroughly. Sprinkle the poppy seeds into the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The slaw will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.