Giant Roasted Carrots
Large carrots take center stage in this side dish, their size perfect for sustaining the high heat of roasting. They won't shrivel and their nutrition profile is top-notch.
- 8 large carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup tamarind chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the carrots in a 9 X 13-inch roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chutney, curry powder, coriander, and 1 cup of water. Add salt to taste. Pour the mixture over the carrots and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the carrots are fork-tender. Raise the heat to 475 degrees, remove the foil, and roast 7 to 10 minutes more.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.