You can simplify this bruschetta even more by grilling, drizzling very good quality olive oil, and lightly salting the bread.
- Four 1/4-inch-thick slices brioche
- 1/2 pound pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup assorted fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, thyme, dill, chives)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grill or toast the bread slices until golden and crisp. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss together the tomatoes, herbs, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Spoon a quarter of the mixture onto each brioche slice, season with additional pepper, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.