Steamed Broccoli with Almonds, Lemon Zest, and Red Pepper Flakes
Lemon and red pepper give this healthy broccoli and almond dish its delicious flavor.
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2010
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets, stems chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Place a steamer basket in a saucepan filled with 1 inch water. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli. Cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add almonds, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.