Sweet Potatoes with Coconut, Pomegranate, and Lime
Add tropical flavor to a nutrient-rich sweet potato by topping it with cilantro, coconut flakes, and pomegranate seeds.
Whole Living, December 2010
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Kosher salt
- Lime wedges
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork, on rimmed baking sheet and roast until tender, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Slice tops and mash sweet potatoes with a fork. Divide coconut milk, coconut flakes, cilantro, and pomegranate seeds among sweet potatoes. Season with salt. Garnish with additional sprigs of cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.