Sauteed Rhubarb Chard
Rhubarb chard, named for its brilliant red ribs, is delicious sauteed in a little olive oil and served on the side, but if you like, toss the sauteed greens into the pasta. Swiss chard, kale, dandelion greens, or sorrel can be substituted for the rhubarb chard.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds rhubarb chard, stems trimmed and very coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over low heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and saute until the garlic begins to color, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rhubarb chard and saute until the leaves are just wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.