Roasted Parsnips and Onions
This dish combines parsnips and cipollines. Also referred to as wild onions, fresh cipollines are the bittersweet bulbs of the grape hyacinth, and are available for a short time in the fall. If you can't find them, use some other sweet onion, such as Vidalias, cutting them into walnut-size pieces.
- 1 pound parsnips, ends trimmed
- 1 pound cipolline onions, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a roasting pan, combine the parsnips, onions, and rosemary. Add the olive oil and toss until the vegetables are thoroughly coated. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes, shaking the pan every 15 minutes, until the vegetables
are deep amber.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.