Sparkling Pear and Cranberry Cocktail
This cocktail is made with icy Moscato d'Asti, which is sweeter than champagne but much lighter than the rich dessert wine also made from Italian moscato grapes. Just the right medium for this fizzy drink, it adds flavor to the silky pear and tart cranberries.
95 calories; 0 g protein; 0 g fat; 6 g carb; 0 g fiber.
Body+Soul, November/December 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons dry cranberries
- 1/2 cup organic pear nectar
- 32 ounces Moscato d'Asti wine
- 8 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Put cranberries in a small bowl; add 2 tablespoons warm water. Soak until cool, about 15 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and refrigerate until serving.
- Divide pear nectar evenly among eight tall champagne glasses. Add cranberries, and then gently pour the Moscato d'Asti into the glasses. Garnish each with a rosemary sprig.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.