Veggie juice is rich in vitamins, with less salt than store-bought. You will need an electric juicer for this recipe.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2005
- 3 medium (about 1 1/2 pounds) tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 7 celery stalks, each cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound carrots, each cut into 3-inch pieces (do not peel)
- 1 piece fresh horseradish, (2 1/2 by 1/4 inches), peeled (or 2 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus lemon wedges, for serving
- Working in batches, press the tomatoes, celery, carrots, and horseradish through an electric juicer into a large bowl. Stir in salt and lemon juice. Pour vegetable mixture through a fine sieve into another large bowl or a pitcher. Divide vegetable juice evenly between 2 glasses. Serve each with a lemon wedge.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.