Herbed Striped Bass
Use soft, leafy herbs on the bass; they form a pleasantly crisp coat when seared.
- 1 cup mixed fresh soft herbs (sage, parsley, basil, chives), coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 4-ounce striped bass or rockfish fillets, skin off
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- Spread the herbs and salt and pepper on a
large platter. Brush each fillet with the egg white, then dredge in the herbs.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, sear the fillets 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and the flesh just begins to flake.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.