Grilled Chicken with Red Pepper and Basil
When preparing the marinade for the chicken, always reserve some before placing the chicken into it.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Chicken Stock to Make 1 1/2 Quarts (http://www.wholeliving.com/130403/chicken-stock-make-1-12-quarts), or low-sodium canned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 2 red bell peppers
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, oil, stock, and garlic. Reserve 3 tablespoons. Add the chicken, turning to coat, and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a stove-top griddle or outdoor grill. Grill the peppers, turning frequently, until charred and wrinkled, about 10 minutes. Remove to parchment paper to cool. Peel over the parchment paper, reserving the juices. Cut the peppers into 1/4-inch strips and place in a bowl. Stir in the collected juices and the reserved marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken until the juices run clear when pricked at the thickest point, about 4 minutes per side. Arrange the chicken over the Caramelized Corn with Shallots and spoon the pepper mixture on top. Garnish with the basil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.