Photo: Raymond Hom
Give sweet, roasted pumpkin an extra kick of flavor with fennel and cumin seeds, red-pepper flakes, and maple syrup.
Whole Living, October 2010
- 1/2 roasted pumpkin Roasted Pumpkin (http://www.wholeliving.com/130734/roasted-pumpkin)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Scrape out flesh from roasted pumpkin.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add fennel, cumin, and red-pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add pumpkin and maple syrup. Cook for 1 minute, mashing to combine. Add butter and stir. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.