Oatmeal with Blueberries, Walnuts, and Bananas
Talk about a power breakfast: The omega-3s in walnuts help reduce inflammation, while frozen blueberries provide polyphenols and vitamin C.
Whole Living, December 2010
- 1 1/12 cups water
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
Add oats, cinnamon, and salt.
Reduce to a steady simmer and cook,
stirring occasionally, until oats are
tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in
frozen blueberries. Top with banana,
walnuts, maple syrup, and skim milk,
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.