- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 dried red pepper flakes
- 1 medium-size onion, diced
- 1 3/4 cups fresh okra, cut into thirds on a bias
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- In a heated wok, combine the cumin, coriander, turmeric, mustard seeds, and pepper flakes and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the mustard seeds pop, about 2 minutes. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes more, until the onion is soft and translucent. Turn the heat to high and add the okra.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until it is bright and gives slightly when pressed with the spoon, about 2 minutes. Serve with yogurt for dipping.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.