Chicken Waldorf Salad With Flaxseed-Oil Dressing
Flaxseed oil is high in heart-healthy omega-3 fats. Better yet, its rich, nutty taste brings out the sweet, tart flavor of apples and cranberries.
- Prep Time 25 Minutes
- Total Time 25 Minutes
- Yield Makes 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Granny Smith apples (1 pound total), cored and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups thickly shredded (12 ounces) skinless rotisserie chicken (from a small rotisserie chicken)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Toast the walnuts until crisp and fragrant, about 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, chop coarsely; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, flaxseed oil, vinegar, honey, and 2 tablespoons water; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add apples, dried cranberries, celery, onion, and chicken; toss to combine. Divide among 4 plates; top with walnuts.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.