Simple Poached Apricots
These apricots pair well with vanilla all-natural frozen yogurt, as pictured.
Body+Soul, June 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon agave nectar (more if desired)
- 4 strips organic orange peel, each about 3 inches long
- 6 medium-ripe apricots (about 1 pound), pitted and cut into sixths or quarters
- Bring water, agave nectar, and orange peel to a brisk simmer in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add apricots, pushing down to cover with liquid; reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook until apricots are just tender, 2 to 5 minutes, depending on ripeness.
- Transfer apricots gently with a slotted spoon to a shallow bowl or dish. Pour just enough liquid over them to cover and return saucepan with remaining liquid to stove. Simmer over medium-high until reduced by half and lightly syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup into dish with apricots. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.