Lamb Chops with Fresh Mint
Frenched lamb chops, trimmed to expose part of the bone, make for a prettier presentation.
Body+Soul, May 2010
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped mint
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 8 lamb chops (each 3 ounces, 3/4-inch thick), frenched
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, 2 teaspoons of the oil, and the sugar. Add mint and stir to combine. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and add the remaining olive oil.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook chops in skillet until medium rare, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Top with the mint mixture and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.