Fire Cider Tonic
Fend off viruses with zesty herbal vinegar. Try a tablespoon as needed when you're feeling unwell; drizzle on veggies for an immune boost.
Whole Living, November 2010
- 1/2 cup chopped ginseng root, fresh or dried
- 1/4 cup grated ginger root
- 1/4 cup grated horseradish root
- 1/8 cup chopped garlic
- Cayenne pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- Combine chopped ginseng root, grated ginger root, grated horseradish root, and garlic. Note: Find organic ginseng at online stores like mountainroseherbs.com.
- Add cayenne to taste. Pour in enough apple cider
vinegar to cover the herbs by an inch or two, then seal tightly. Let sit for four weeks.
- Strain the herbs from the vinegar. Sweeten with honey to taste.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.