Roast Turkey Roulades with Thyme, Honey, and Pecans
If you aren't able to find lemon-thyme sprigs, you can substitute regular thyme.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2007
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons loosely packed fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed fresh lemon-thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast (1 1/2 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 425. Pulse pecans in a food processor until finely ground. Add cup thyme, the lemon thyme, honey, oil, salt, and pepper, and process until combined. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons thyme. Set aside 2 tablespoons herb mixture.
- Halve turkey horizontally, and spread half of the herb mixture on each piece of turkey. Starting at one short end, roll turkey up, and tie with kitchen twine. Spread reserved herb mixture over the top of each roulade, and then transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast until a meat thermometer registers 160, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes, and then cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.