Spicy Pineapple-and-Mint Salsa
Serve with grilled pork or fish, such as red snapper or striped bass.Per serving: 176 calories, 3 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 42 g carbs, 5 mg sodium, 2 g protein, 4 g fiber
Martha Stewart Living, June 2003
- Yield Makes about 3 cups
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 serrano chiles, seeded for less heat, if desired, and very thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 pineapple, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion, chiles, garlic, orange and lime juices, and pineapple. Add oil; stir to combine. Let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour. Just before serving, add mint; toss to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.