Mixed Vegetable Soup
This recipe was created with flexibility in mind, and is a great way to use up leftover ingredients. Adjust the quantity of the ingredients depending on what you have, the flavors you like, and the number you're serving.
Body+Soul, January/February 2010
- Sliced onion
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cubed hard vegetables (winter squash, parsnips, carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes)
- Vegetable stock
- Parmesan rind
- Small sprig of rosemary or thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced green vegetables (zucchini, green beans, broccoli)
- Handful of shredded greens
- Saute a sliced onion in olive oil with garlic
and red pepper flakes. Add 2 cups cubed hard
vegetables (winter squash, parsnips, carrots,
sweet potatoes, potatoes). Add stock to cover
by half an inch, and Parmesan rind. Add a
small sprig of rosemary or thyme. Season with
salt and pepper.
- Simmer until vegetables are
almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup diced green vegetables (zucchini, green
beans, broccoli) and a big handful of shredded
- Simmer until tender.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.