Green Curry Shrimp
Per serving: 135 calories, 2 g fat, 172 mg cholesterol, 4 g carbs, 359 mg sodium, 23 g protein, 0 g fiber
Martha Stewart Living, June 2000
- Yield Serves 6 as an appetizer
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Place the cumin, peppercorns, coriander
seed, caraway seeds, and cloves in a
dry skillet. Place the skillet over medium
heat, moving it to keep seeds from burning,
until the seeds are aromatic, about 3
minutes. Transfer the seeds to a spice
grinder, and cool slightly. Pulse until finely
chopped but not powdery. Transfer
the mixture to a bowl, and stir in salt, garlic
powder, onion, and cilantro. Set the
spice mixture aside.
- Peel shrimp, leaving the tail and the last
section of shell intact. Devein shrimp, and place in a bowl.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle spice mixture over the shrimp, and stir to coat. Grill the shrimp until opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Serve shrimp immediately with lime wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.