Cool Jicama Slaw
Jicama is a wonderful vegetable. It is available year-round, delicious raw or cooked, low in calories, high in potassium, and keeps, uncut, in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
- 1 jicama, peeled and julienned (about 4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the jicama in a mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon of the jalapeno, the juices, vinegar, cilantro, and salt. Pour over the jicama, toss gently, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the slaw on 4 salad plates, garnish with the remaining jalapeno, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.