Cilantro-Lime Salad Dressing
Tofu, not mayonnaise, gives this dressing a silky texture without the extra saturated fat. The cilantro-lime flavor makes it a perfect accompaniment for Latin-inspired dishes like fish or chicken tacos; simply add shredded cabbage or radishes on top.
Body+Soul, April/May 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Makes 2 cups
- Half of a 10-ounce container of soft silken tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a blender, combine tofu, lime juice, 1/3 cup water, shallots, mustard, vinegar, and half the cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Blend on high speed until completely smooth. Stir in remaining cilantro.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.