Roasted Shitakes and Pacific Cod
Pacific cod makes a good environmental choice. Pacific halibut also works, but you may need to reduce the cooking time.
Body+Soul, October 2008
- 2 pounds shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, halved if large
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 Pacific cod or halibut fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms with 2 tablespoons olive oil and rosemary; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and browned, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Push mushrooms to sides of pan; place cod in center and season with salt and pepper. Roast until opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together remaining oil, lemon juice, mustard, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Serve with cod.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.