Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Dip with Pomegranate
Charred bell peppers, pitted dates, and toasted walnuts, topped with juicy pomegranate seeds, make a savory dip, perfect for whole-wheat pita bread.
Whole Living, December 2010
- 3 red bell peppers
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- Char peppers over gas burners or in broiler, turning frequently. Transfer to a medium bowl and top with a plate. Let cool slightly. Rub off skins and remove stems and seeds. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes until softened. Drain.
- Pulse pomegranate seeds in a food processor. Strain liquid, discarding solids. Return to food processor and add roasted peppers, softened dates, walnuts, and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth. Slowly add olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast pitas over gas burners or in broiler, turning frequently. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Serve warm with dip.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.