Shrimp tossed in dense Greek yogurt, mustard, garlic, and ketchup makes a delicious centerpiece for a leafy salad. Making remoulade with yogurt instead of mayonnaise cuts the calories by more than half.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2010
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp (about 40), shells on
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat (2 percent) plain Greek yogurt
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brine-packed capers, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic cloves
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 small head Bibb lettuce, torn
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a stockpot of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add shrimp, and poach until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to ice-water bath. Let stand until cool. Drain. Peel and devein shrimp. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, scallions, mustard, ketchup, capers, lemon juice, garlic, and cayenne. Toss shrimp in remoulade to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Divide lettuce evenly among plates, and top with shrimp. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Make ahead: Tossed shrimp can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.