This deliciously messy chicken is brushed with simple apricot glaze punctuated with hot pepper that produces a gorgeous amber lacquer when roasted.
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cut into parts (about 6 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and cayenne. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brush with the glaze.
- Roast, basting with the glaze, for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and roast for 10 minutes more. Baste the chicken with the glaze and roast 5 minutes more, or until the glaze is just crisp.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.