Butternut Squash Soup with Roasted Garlic
When roasting the butternut squash and garlic, use a parchment-lined baking tray for easy cleanup.
- 1 large butternut squash, halved and seeded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 large cloves of Roasted Garlic (http://www.wholeliving.com/130381/roasted-garlic)
- 1 cup warm Chicken Stock to Make 1 1/2 Quarts (http://www.wholeliving.com/130403/chicken-stock-make-1-12-quarts), or low-sodium canned
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season the squash with salt and pepper and tuck 2 sprigs of thyme into each cavity. Place, cut side down, on the baking sheet and roast until fork-tender, about 40 minutes.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, discard the thyme; peel the squash and coarsely chop. Combine the squash, garlic, and 1/2 cup of the chicken stock in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the remaining stock gradually until the mixture forms a very loose puree. Season the soup with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.