Apple, Peanut Butter, and Chili Paste on Lavash
Apples are high in soluble fiber, which may help lower LDL ("bad") cholesterol.
Whole Living, February 2011
- 1 triangle (1/2 ounce) whole-wheat lavash
- 1 1/2 teaspoons natural peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon sambal oelek (Asian chili paste; <a href="http://importfood.com" target="_blank">importfood.com</a>)
- 5 thin slices tart red apple, such as McIntosh
- A few watercress sprigs
- Grill lavash in a grill pan, or toast in a dry skillet over high heat until slightly charred on both sides, about 1 1/2 minutes. Spread peanut butter and sambal oelek onto lavash. Top with apple and a few watercress sprigs.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.