Grilled Soft-Shell Crab, Corn, and Asparagus with Arugula Pesto
Soft-shell crabs plucked from the grill perfectly wilt tender mixed greens.
- 4 ears of fresh corn, husk attached, silks removed
- 1 bunch or 24 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 3/4 cup Arugula Pesto (http://www.wholeliving.com/131576/arugula-pesto)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 soft-shell crabs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- In a large pot filled with cold water, soak the corn for 30 minutes.
- Blanch the asparagus in a large pot of boiling water and transfer to a bowl of ice water. Meanwhile, prepare the Arugula Pesto.
- Prepare a stove-top griddle or outdoor grill. Grill the corn in the husk, turning occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. (If your grill has a cover, close it to allow the corn to steam.) Brush the asparagus with some of the olive oil and grill for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once or twice. Use a vegetable tray to prevent the asparagus from falling through the grill rack. Transfer the corn and asparagus to a large platter and serve with the Arugula Pesto.
- Grill the crabs until bright orange and slightly charred, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper. Place the greens in a large salad bowl and set the crabs on top.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.