Roasted Brussels Sprouts
A cruciferous family member, Brussels sprouts have long been considered cancer-fighting superstars thanks in part to the presence of compounds called indoles.
Body+Soul, November 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 red Bartlett pears, cored and cut into wedges
- 6 shallots, quartered
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On two large rimmed baking sheets, toss Brussels sprouts, pears, shallots, thyme, and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until Brussels sprouts are tender and browned, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Toss with lemon juice and serve warm.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.