Roasted Fennel, Chickpeas, Peppers, and Grapes
This could-not-be-simpler method seals ingredients into a caramelized crust. Here, Mediterranean-style vegetables like peppers and fennel take particularly well to high-heat roasting, while juicy grapes bring a welcome burst of sweetness.
Whole Living, September 2010
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 head fennel
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 pound seedless large red grapes
- 1 14-oz. can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Thinly slice garlic. Halve and thinly slice fennel, leaving the core intact. Stem and seed bell peppers, and cut into 1/2-inch slices. Divide vegetables, grapes, and chickpeas, rinsed and drained, between two rimmed baking sheets.
- Drizzle each sheet with oil and toss with oregano, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Place in oven and roast, rotating sheets once, until vegetables are golden brown and grapes are beginning to burst, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove vegetables and any pan juices; transfer to a serving platter. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.