Green Goddess Dip with Endive
This vibrant dip uses creamy avocado and buttermilk to temper the strong flavors of anchovies and fresh herbs.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2010
- Yield Makes 2 cups;
- 1 firm, ripe Hass avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil, chives, and tarragon)
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 heads Belgian endive (1 pound), leaves separated
- Pulse avocado, buttermilk, herbs, anchovies, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a serving dish, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with endive leaves.
Storage: Dip can be refrigerated with plastic wrap pressed directly onto surface for up to 2 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.