Wild and Brown Rice Salad
Our rice salad, which can be served chilled or at room temperature, includes three types of the grain -- wild, brown, and brown basmati -- as well as tomatoes, cucumber, celery, onion, and peppers. Any combination of rice or commercial blend of rice would work well in this recipe.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2001
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
For the Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice, made according to package directions; 3 cups cooked brown and/or brown basmati rice (about 1 1/3 cups uncooked), made according to package directions
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 ounces red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and mustard; set aside.
- Place the wild rice, brown rice, yellow pepper, red onion, celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Add the dressing, and toss well to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.